Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Antique Music

Karen and I dropped in at a big antiques mall near Milroy, Pa., the other day.  Two stories of great old stuff.  I bought three LPs for less than $5, including the Eagles Greatest Hits.  Back in the 1990s, this was the best selling LP of all time.  I am playing it as I write this.  It is good music. 

I also bought two Christmas albums.  One by Kate Smith ("Christmas Eve in My Home Town" is an old favorite) and Eddie Arnold (my Mom loved his music and he has a really solid style).  We have an incredible library of old Christmas albums that we bought at yard sales and antique stores, plus a few that we've carried with us through the years.  These will be good additions.  Christmas is a time for memories.  I remember, for instance, that my mother gave me my very first LP for Christmas:  Bob Dylan's "The Times They Are a'Changing."




No comments:

Post a Comment